Junior Logistics Manager
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
My client is an online Australian furniture company that is revolutionising how Australia buys furniture. By merging technology, leading edge manufacturing and world class furniture design, NOMI allows customers to customise affordable designer furniture that is then hand-crafted and delivered to their door.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our growing to team develop and manage our logistics, distribution and after sales support systems and processes.
The role will involve analysing the employers business model and gaining an understanding of its customers in order develop and implement innovative logistics, distribution and operational systems and process. In doing so, you will work hand in hand with the co-founders and NOMI’s growing team to help build and grow the business.
If you like the idea of being a part of a fast-paced, fast-growing entrepreneurial start- up environment, this role is for you!
If you like the idea of having the opportunity to develop logistics and operations skills, then this role is for you!
If you like the idea of developing your career into other areas of the business, such as sales, marketing, events, finance, strategic planning, product development, web development and technology, then this role is definitely for you!
Rushcutters Bay location
Work directly with co-founders and growing team
Develop and impalement innovative systems and solutions to help position the company for growth (locally and off shore).
Huge scope to develop your career and skills across a broad spectrum of the business
This role will primarily involve ensuring that products are delivered on time and in accordance with our quality standards. The applicant will need to be solutions focussed and demonstrate initiative to problem solve various challenges and issues that arise during day-to-day business.
Roles And Responsibilities:
– Analyse the company business model and work with co-founders to develop and implement innovative logistics, distribution and operational solutions – Run a weekly manufacturing WIP meeting
– Conduct a weekly support WIP meeting
– Update customers on the delivery of their goods
– Communicate with customers to arrange the delivery of their products
- Communicate with logistics companies to arrange for the delivery of client products – Liaise internally to ensure client delivery timeframes are met
- Work with clients that have issues with product(s) that have been delivered
- Liaise internally on finding solutions for client/product issues
- Assist with the delivery and assembly of product
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Recently completed a tertiary degree
- Be available full-time
- Be able to work from our Boundary street office in Sydney
- Want to work in a start-up environment
- Have an interest in business and entrepreneurship
- Be pro-active and be able to problem solve
- Be able to multi-task and be comfortable in a hands-on role
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be organised and demonstrate attention to detail
- Have an interest in process and systems: be able to follow processes, and be able to develop and improve upon them if necessary.
- Have strong computer and application skills
- An interest in design, interior design and architecture will be looked upon favourably, but is not essential.
Please complete the following forms to apply for this position: