Interior Design Consultant (Melbourne)
About the Employer
My employer is an online customisable product range within the ID space. By merging technology, leading edge manufacturing and authentic Australian design, this company allows customers to customise affordable designer products that are then hand-crafted and delivered to their door.
About the Role
The Interior Design Consultant is an outward facing role in a fast-growing start up company. Reporting to the Director, the Consultant will build relationships with consumers, businesses, architects and interior designers, and assist them throughout the sales process.
This role is suited to someone with industry experience with a thirst for business development. The employer is looking for someone who can (and enjoys) conversing with architects and interior designers: the Consultant must be a people person, who enjoys chatting to clients, finding their needs, and resolving them through set means.
The Consultant must be self-motivated and results driven, and be comfortably working both independently and as part of the team. The position is ideal for someone who is looking to take ownership and responsibility of an integral part of a growing business. They will follow set processes, but also be able to improve and innovate in according to the needs of the company.
As part of a small start up team, the Interior Design Consultant will occasionally assist in other areas of the business. In this fast-paced environment, there is opportunity to learn and develop holistically.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the Interior Design Consultant are as follows:
• Following up all inbound sales opportunities
• Moving sales through the pipeline
• Recording relevant sales information in Salesforce and Trello
• Onboarding trade users
• Booking presentations with architects and interior designers
• Presenting to architects and interior designers
• Seeking out new sales opportunities
• Leading a weekly sales WIP
• Developing and assisting in sales strategies
• Participating in events, such trade shows, pop up stores etc.
• Assisting in after-sales support
• Assisting in other areas of the business as required, e.g. building
relationships with media
To apply for this position please complete the following application tools: